DIVORCE and other COURT RECORDS: 503-846-8888
For information on obtaining court records from cases filed in Washington County, call the Circuit Court's general information number (503-846-8888) or visit the Court Records Department website.
RESEARCH: Washington County and the State of Oregon have a wide range of print and online resources available for people who need to research family law and related legal issues. You will find links to many of those resources on this page and at the Oregon Legal Research Website and the Oregon Legal Research blog.
FAMILY LAW - DEFINED: The term "family law" includes these legal subjects: marriage, separation, divorce, custody, and child support. Other legal subjects related to family law include paternity, annulment, emancipation, termination of parental rights (TPR), grandparent rights, restraining orders (Family Abuse Prevention Act), etc.
FAMILY LAW "COURT": Family law cases may be heard in either circuit or juvenile court, depending on the facts, the county, and the laws that are being enforced.
ADOPTION, ETC.: Some legal cases that affect families are filed with the County Circuit Court's Probate Department. These include adoption, name change, guardianship, and conservatorship cases.
FAMILY LAW RESOURCE LINKS
Divorce and Separation:
- Washington County Circuit Court: Family Law Services
- Washington County Juvenile Department's Divorce Mediation & Conciliation Services
- Oregon Judicial Department (OJD) Family Law Information & Forms
Child Support: Enforcement & Calculation
Brochures & Legal Guides to Family Law:
- Oregon State Bar Family Law Resources
- Legal Aid Services of Oregon (LASO) Information & Publications
- Legal Aid Services of Oregon (LASO) Family Law Resources
WHERE TO FIND AND FILE VITAL RECORDS
- Oregon Center for Health Statistics
- Oregon Birth and Death Certificates
- Washington County Assessment & Taxation Department (marriage licenses/domestic partnerships)
- Washington County Health & Human Services Department (birth & death certificates)
- How to Obtain Copies of Oregon Marriage Licenses and other Vital Records
- Vital Records Legal Research Guide