Training & Development
Human Resources Division is dedicated to enhancing the work environment and improving the quality of life for Washington County employees through various training and development programs. These programs are designed to help our employees build the skills needed to lead change, contribute to improved processes, shape the County's future, and network with other County staff and programs.
2015 Workplace Inclusion Workshops!
The Workplace Inclusion Workshop, which promises to be fun and interactive, provides participants with a deeper understanding of unconscious bias and how it impacts our personal and professional lives. We will also explore its effect on productivity, workplace relationships, and customer service. Once we understand our biases, we will learn how to increase our cultural intelligence as the antidote through a series of activities.
Dates: Wednesday, April 22 or October 21, 2015
Times: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. (lunch 12 – 1 p.m.)
Location: Auditorium, Public Services Building
Register: Log into WISARD, go to Learner Self-Service > Learner Home > Human Resources Offerings > Workplace Inclusion, select the workshop date and click enroll.
- Understanding how cultural identity is formed and shaped and what defines it;
- Helping participants examine their perceptions of and responses to people who are different from themselves;
- Exploring how unconscious bias manifests and identifying strategies for reducing its impact on productivity, workplace relationships, and customer service;
- Understanding how Emotional/Cultural Intelligence works as an antidote to bias and can mitigate its impact;
- Increasing flexibility and skill in responding and adapting to different customer cultural contexts and circumstances.
Our workshop facilitators believe becoming culturally competent is not a destination, nor is it just about figuring other people out. It is about becoming more aware of who we are in the context of the increasingly complex and culturally diverse world in which we live and work. It is a process, one of learning how to foster better relationships, how to be more productive, and how to improve job performance.
Email us at HRTraining@co.washington.or.us.