Employee Training & Development News
Our title may sound familiar to some, but this new program is designed for all employees to participate. You may understand our culture, but do you know how this has evolved and where we are headed in the future?
A few highlights include:
- Don Bohn speaks on our history and vision for the future.
- Cynthia Valdivia our resident Emergency Preparedness expert presents an informative session on how to prepare you and your home so that you as an employee can be effective in an emergency.
- Janna Allgood our Sustainability program educator increases our awareness of what sustainability and recycling at work means and how it is a lot of little things that we can do each day that make a difference.
- Participate in a fun interactive networking opportunity with other employees.
Review the Program Agenda for details and topics covered in this program. Come to all or just a part. It is up to you and your supervisor. Interested in attending? Enroll directly through WISARD Learner Self-Service.
Workplace Inclusion Workshop ~ November 20th
After a successful pilot session in February 2013, Human Resources – Training & Development is pleased to announce our NEW Diversity and Inclusion Workshop.
Who Should Attend?
- New Employees - All new employees are required to attend and will be pre-registered. Employees will receive an email confirmation from WISARD. Please be sure to inform your supervisor of these dates, so you both can plan accordingly.
- All Other Employees - This is also a great opportunity for existing employees to participate in valuable training and all employees are encouraged to participate. See registration info below.
About the Workshop
Workplace Inclusion, which promises to be fun and interactive, will provide a deeper understanding of unconscious bias and how it impacts our personal and professional lives. We will also explore its effect on productivity, workplace relationships, and customer service. Once we understand our biases, we will learn how to increase our cultural intelligence as the antidote through a series of activities.
Wednesday, November 20th
9 a.m. – 3 p.m. (break for lunch 12 – 1 p.m.)
|Where:||Public Services Building, Auditorium|
Log on to WISARD Learner Self-service/HR/2013 Training/Professional Development and enroll.
(Once you have enrolled, be sure to add this to your Outlook calendar)
About the Presenters
Facilitated by Figure 8 Consulting, Owners, Carol and April believe becoming culturally competent is not a destination, nor is it just about figuring other people out. It is about becoming more aware of who we are in the context of the increasingly complex and culturally diverse world in which we live and work. It is a process, one of learning how to foster better relationships, how to be more productive, and how to improve job performance. They facilitate trainings that help organizations improve customer service, build more highly functioning teams, capitalize on the skills of all employees, build better relationships within organizations…..and have fun at the same time. To learn more about these presenters, visit www.fig8consulting.com
We are committed to developing the future of Washington County!
Domestic Violence Leave Policy Training
Are you someone that prefers to have as many supervisory tools in your toolbox as you can? The Domestic Violence Leave Training was designed to provide managers and supervisors with an overview of
- When and how to talk to an employee about domestic abuse/violence
- Taking reasonable safety measures
- Providing support and assistance to victims of domestic violence
- Use of accrued leave for absences
- Record keeping
- Prohibited discrimination
To take advantage of this valuable opportunity, log on to WISARD and follow the Navigating through WISARD OLM instructions below.
Note: If you would like this training to become part of your County training record you will need to complete the training and successfully pass a six question quiz within WISARD OLM.
Click the link below, if you simply want to view the training video.
- If you have technical questions regarding completing this training via WISARD OLM, contact Julee Howard at extension 8261.
- Contact your HR Liaison with questions regarding the policy, process or guidance in working through any Domestic Violence Leave situation.