LATEST NEWS: Updated FEMA floodplain maps are now available online!
Visit the FEMA Flood Map Service Center to see if your property is impacted by the recent boundary changes.
Here are answers to some Frequently Asked Questions regarding the floodplain boundary changes.
If you still have questions, contact your insurance agent or local Floodplain Manager:
- City of Banks –503.846.7914 (Rocky Brown
- City of Beaverton –503.526.2442 (Jim Duggan)
- City of Cornelius –503.357.3011 (Tim Franz)
- City of Forest Grove –503.992.3292 (Derek Robbins)
- City of Gaston –503.846.7914 (Rocky Brown)
- City of Hillsboro –503.681.6214 (Sarah Bruce)
- City of North Plains –503.647.5555 (Blake Boyles)
- City of King City –503.639.4082 (Mike Weston)
- City of Lake Oswego –503.635.0268 (Rob Amsberry)
- City of Sherwood –503.625.4206 (Brad Kilby)
- City of Tigard –503.718.2490 (Tom McGuire)
- City of Tualatin –503.691.3034 (Jeff Fuchs)
- City of Wilsonville –503.570.1583 (Connie Randall)
- Unincorporated Washington County –503.846.7914 (Rocky Brown)
Allow 2-3 weeks for Floodplain Managers to return your call as they have been inundated with inquiries relating to these changes.
Information about the floodplain map updates can also be found at floodsmart.gov.
Additional flood resources:
- American Red Cross - Shelter Assistance
- County road information during flood events
- Disaster Assistance Program - Dept. of Homeland Security
- FEMA Flood Maps
- Flood Facts - Clean Water Services
- Floodsmart.gov - FEMA
- National Flood Insurance Program - FEMA
- National Weather Service - Portland Metro Area
- Office of Consolidated Emergency Management - Washington County Cooperative
- Ready.gov - Flood Preparedness
- Sandbag Sites - 2016/17
- Tualatin River Water Level - NOAA
- Turn Around. Don't Drown PSA - NOAA