Our vision: A healthy, equitable and supportive community.
Our mission: Together we promote health and well-being by influencing policies, systems and environments; providing education, programs and services; and responding to the needs of vulnerable populations.
Our values: equity, accountability, transparency, respect, cultural responsiveness, collaboration
We are comprised of the following major offices and divisions:
- Human Services
- Addictions (Alcohol, Drugs and Gambling)
- Developmental Disabilities
- Mental Health
- Public Health
- Disease Control and Prevention (DCAP)
- Emergency Medical Services/Medical Examiner
- Environmental Health
- Health Equity, Planning and Policy (HEPP)
- Maternal and Child Health (MCH)
- Emergency Preparedness
- Research, Analytics, Informatics and Data (RAID)
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
- Animal Services
- Children, Youth and Families
- Disability, Aging and Veteran Services (DAVS)
- Solid Waste & Recycling Program
- Administrative Services
- HHS Director's Office
To learn how Washington County ranks on health outcomes and factors, read the County Health Rankings report for 2016.
Washington County is a founding partner of Healthy Columbia Willamette. On this page, you'll find a wealth of information about how this collaboration among hospitals and health departments is working to improve the health of our community.
HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices (English)
HIPAA Aviso de Prácticas de Privacidad (Español)
Washington County Department of Health and Human Services does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, and where applicable, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, political beliefs, reprisal, or because all or a part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program.