Following a multi-year planning and development process, we are excited to replace our current website on September 26 with a new design that will serve as a digital gateway to a wide variety of public services and information.

Absentee Yearly Ballot Request


If you are going to be away during an election but would still like to vote, you can request an absentee ballot. You may request a ballot if you are registered to vote. The post office will not forward your ballot from your home address, so you must request an absentee ballot in order to vote.
Possible reasons for requesting an absentee ballot include:
  • you will be on vacation during an election.
  • you are a college student living away from home.
  • you live part of the year in another state (e.g. snow bird).  
Elections are held on the:
  • Second Tuesday in March
  • Third Tuesday in May
  • Fourth Tuesday in August; and
  • First Tuesday after the first Monday in November.
Please be aware that the legislature may choose to call a special election at any time
If you are a Military or an Overseas Voter please see the Military and Overseas Voters webpage.


Mt Hood and flag   

To request an absentee ballot please complete one of the following:

  • If you have an Oregon Driver's License/ID this information can be updated online using My Vote.

  • Complete and sign a Washington County Absentee form PDF icon and return it to Washington County Elections office by mail, fax, or drop off.

  • Complete and sign the Oregon Secretary of States Absentee form SEL 111 PDF icon and return it to our office by mail, fax, or drop off.

  • If you will be away for one election you may fill out the Absentee Single Ballot Request form online.


Contact the Elections Division



  2925 NE Aloclek Drive  
Suite: 170
  Hillsboro, OR 97124-7523
  Google map




SunTech Corporate Park




(503) 846-5800


(503) 846-5810