Drop Off Ballots May 2018
For Immediate Release: Thursday, May 10, 2018Traffic revision along Murray Boulevard planned for Tuesday election
Too late to mail ballots for May 15 Primary Election
Beginning Monday, May 14, the middle turn lane will be closed along S.W. Murray Boulevard just south of Millikan Way. This traffic revision will enhance safety for drive-through ballot collection activity Tuesday at the Elections Office at 3700 S.W. Murray Boulevard. Last-minute voters will also be encouraged to drop off their ballots at the K-Mart parking lot at 3955 S.W. Murray Boulevard or at several other official ballot drop sites listed at the Washington County Elections Office website.
Washington County elections officials are asking last-minute voters to drop off their ballots at official collection sites as soon as possible so that all ballots are processed in a timely manner. The deadline for voting in this special election is 8 p.m. Tuesday, May 15.
With only a few days left in the vote-by-mail election period, Washington County has received 48,961 ballots so far, or about 14 percent of all registered voters.
Ballots will be collected until the 8 p.m. deadline Tuesday at several official drop-off sites throughout the county. Official drop-off sites are listed below and on the county's website at: www.co.washington.or.us/elections
Drive-through Ballot Drop Sites along Murray Boulevard
Elections officials will also provide drive-through ballot collection service from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on May 15 at the following two locations:
- Washington County Elections Office, 3700 S.W. Murray Boulevard, Beaverton
- K-Mart Parking Lot, 3955 S.W. Murray Boulevard, Beaverton
New Indoor Drop-off Sites
Voters in Aloha and Bethany have new, official drop-off sites this year, both of which are inside libraries. Voters will need to contact these libraries, and any of the other indoor drop-site locations, for their hours of operation. The full list of indoor ballot drop sites is provided below.
Indoor Drop-Off Sites
Official drop boxes at indoor locations (limited hours of operation are available by phone) include:
- Aloha Community Library,17455 SW Farmington Rd Ste. 26A, Aloha (phone: 503-259-0185)
- Beaverton Library, 12375 S.W. 5th Street, Beaverton (phone: 503-644-2197)
- Bethany Library,15325 NW Central Dr Ste J-8, Portland (phone: 503-617-7323)
- Cedar Mill Library, 12505 N.W. Cornell Road, Portland (phone: 503-644-0043)
- Hillsboro Library - Shute Park, 775 S.E. 10th Avenue, Hillsboro (phone: 503-615-6500)
- West Slope Library, 3678 S.W. 78th Avenue, Portland (phone: 503-292-6416)
24-hour Drop Off Sites
Voters may drop off their completed ballots at several 24-hour drop-off sites, including:
- Washington County Elections Office, 3700 S.W. Murray Boulevard, Beaverton (Look for the slot in the front lobby.)
- Washington County Sheriff's Office and Jail Parking Lot, 236 S.W. Dennis Avenue, Hillsboro (Temporary location due to seismic retrofitting at the Public Services Building.)
- Banks Library, 42461 N.W. Market Street, Banks
- Cornelius City Hall, 1355 N. Barlow Street, Cornelius
- Forest Grove, Pacific Avenue and Birch Street, Forest Grove
- Hillsboro Library - Main Branch, 2850 N.E. Brookwood Parkway, Hillsboro
- King City - City Hall, 15300 S.W. 116th Avenue, King City
- North Plains City Hall, 31360 N.W. Commercial Street, North Plains
- Sherwood City Hall, 22560 S.W. Pine Street, Sherwood
- Tigard City Hall, 13125 S.W. Hall Boulevard, Tigard
- Tualatin City Offices, 18880 S.W. Martinazzi Avenue, Tualatin
Due to a proofing error, approximately 3,700 re-issued ballot packets were sent earlier this month to some voters registered in Cornelius. Only the Metro Council contests on roughly two-thirds of the original ballots printed for voters in Cornelius were affected by this error. No other candidate or measure on the 2018 Primary Election ballot for Washington County was affected.
Media Contact:Elections Office