Filing an Application

Your application for deferral must be filed with your county assessor between January 1st and April 15th to defer the taxes that would be billed to you the next fall.  Applications and income worksheets are at your assessor's office.  The Oregon Department of Revenue will not pay taxes that were delinquent when you apply. 

Due to legislative changes, please contact the Oregon Department of Revenue at 1-503-945-8348 or email for more information.  Also, refer to their website for answers to many common questions:

For More Information & Forms 

In Salem: 

State of Oregon Department of Revenue Deferral Unit
Toll-Free number:  1 (800) 356-4222
Telephone:  (503) 945-8348
Fax:  (503) 945-8737


In Hillsboro:  

Washington County
Assessment & Taxation Department
155 N First Ave, Suite 130 MS8
Hillsboro, OR 97124     Telephone:  (503) 846-8741
Fax:  (503) 846-3909     TTY:  (503) 846-8601
E-Mail to:

Español:  llame al 503-846-8741