Veteran's Property Tax Exemption

A 40%-or-more disabled veteran, or the surviving spouse of a veteran, may be entitled to a Veteran’s Exemption on property taxes.  The filing period is between January 1st and April 1st of the assessment year.  Forms and information may be obtained from the following: 

In Salem: 

Oregon Department of Revenue
Telephone: (503) 378-4988
Toll free in Oregon: 1 (800) 356-4222
TTY (hearing or speech impaired only): 
           1-800-886-7204, within Oregon
           (503) 945-8617, in Salem 


In Hillsboro, please call the number listed below to discuss your service needs:

Department of Assessment & Taxation
155 N First Ave., Ste. 130 MS 8
Hillsboro, OR 97124
Telephone: (503) 846-8741
TTY (hearing or speech impaired only): (503) 846-8601

Disability, Aging, and Veteran Services
5240 NE Elam Young Pkwy, Ste 300
Hillsboro, OR  97124
Telephone: (503) 846-3060
TTY (hearing or speech impaired only): (503) 640-6398