Changes to Ownership

Name Changes for Tax Statements

Name changes for tax statements for real property occur after deeds or other appropriate legal documents are recorded.  

Name changes due to marriage, death, divorce or other court orders require specific documentation and notification. 

  • Marriage: Notification will only affect the mailing records, to change or add your spouse to county clerk’s records, a new deed must be recorded.
  • Death: A copy of the death certificate or recording a certified copy of the Death certificate will be needed for our ownership registry to update as applicable.
  • Divorce: If the divorce occurred in Washington County, you may provide the court decree number and we can look up the information.  If the divorce occurred in another county a copy of the entire decree must be provided to the Cartography Division.  County property records will be changed to reflect the ownership as defined in the decree. 


Ownership Information

Ownership information can be found by contacting the Assessment & Taxation Department at (503)846-8741.

GIS/Cartography Physical Location
Washington County
Assessment & Taxation Department
Cartography Division
231 W Main St
Hillsboro, OR  97124

GIS/Cartography Mailing Address
Washington County
Assessment & Taxation Department
Cartography Division
155 N. First Avenue, Suite 230 MS 9
Hillsboro, OR 97124

Phone:  (503) 846-8871
Fax:  (503) 846-3908
E-Mail to: