Demolishing a Home

Requirements to Remove a Demolished Manufactured Home from the State Titling System and the County Tax System

  • Manufactured Home Ownership Document Application for New and Used Homes (form 2952) signed by the owners and the secured lender of record, if applicable.
  • Taxes paid in full at time of transaction, including advance demand, if applicable.
  • Valid Tax Certification, certified by the county in which the home is located AND submitted before the expiration date entered by the county official on the certification. This form is obtained from the county and certifes that all the taxes on the account are paid in full at the time of the transaction.
  • Original DMV title or ownership document with the secured lender release signature, if applicable. The secured lender may also sign their release on page 5 of form 2952 or on the Security Interest Change (form 2948) if the DMV title or ownership document is not available.
  • $16 Tax Certification fee, payable to Washington County by cash, check, or money order. 
  • $5 per section trip permit fee if moving to dump/landfill.
  • All tags/labels on unit returned to the Building Codes Division, Manufactured Home Section, PO Box 14470, Salem, OR 97309.
  • We suggest that you also contact Washington County Land Use, Building Permit Department, at 503-846-3470 to obtain a demo permit.

The required documents and fees can be mailed to our office or presented in person.

Mail to: 

Washington County 
Assessment & Taxation
Attn: Manufactured Home Unit
155 N. First Ave., Ste. 130, MS 8
Hillsboro, OR 97124

For requests in person, we are located in Suite 130 on the first floor of the Public Services Building at 155 N. First Ave., in downtown Hillsboro.

For forms and further information, contact us at 503-846-8741, or visit the Building Codes Division website at or view the Manufactured Home Ownership Document Transaction Guide