Moving a Home

Requirements for moving a home
  • Manufactured Home Ownership Document Application for New and Used Homes (form 2952) with the applicant information, home information, current AND new location information, owner, and transporter information completed. 
  • Taxes paid in full at time of transaction, including advance demand, if applicable.
  • Valid Tax Certification, certified by the county in which the home is located AND submitted before the expiration date entered by the county official on the certification. This form is obtained from the county and certifies that all taxes on the account are paid in full at the time of the transaction. 
  • If the home is moving from one county to another within Oregon, a valid county Tax Certification will be needed from BOTH the county the home is moving from AND the county the home is moving to. 
  • Original DMV title or ownership document with the secured lender release signature, if applicable. The secured lender may also sign their release on page 5 of form 2952 or on the Security Interest Change (form 2948) if the DMV title or ownership document is not available. 
  • $5 per section trip permit fee, $55 ownership document fee PLUS $16 Tax Certification fee, payable to Washington County by cash, check, or money order. Check with the other county to see their requirements for tax certifications. 

The required documents and fees can be mailed to our office or presented in person.

Mail to: 

Washington County 
Assessment & Taxation
Attn: Manufactured Home Unit
155 N. First Ave., Ste. 130, MS 8
Hillsboro, OR 97124

For requests in person, we are located in Suite 130 on the first floor of the Public Services Building at 155 N. First Ave., in downtown Hillsboro.

For forms and further information, contact us at 503-846-8741, or visit the Building Codes Division website at or view the Manufactured Home Ownership Document Transaction Guide