Security Interest Holder

Requirements for Adding, Assigning, Subordinating or Releasing a Secured Party:

  • Manufactured Home Ownership Document Application for New and Used Homes (form 2952) signed by the owners and the secured lender of record.
  • Taxes paid in full at time of transaction, including advance demand, if applicable. 
  • Valid Tax Certification, certified by the county in which the home is located AND submitted before the expiration date entered by the county official on the certification. This form is obtained from the county and certifies that all taxes on the account are paid in full at the time of the transaction.
  • Original DMV title or ownership document with the secured lender release signature, if applicable. The secured lender may also sign their release on page 5 of form 2952 or the Security Interest Change (form 2948) if the DMV title or ownership document is not available. 
  • If you are adding a new lender, or refinancing in conjunction with removing the existing security interest holder, we will require the Security Interest Change (form 2948), signed by both the owners and the new secured interest holder. 
  • If there are extenuating circumstances such as loss of proof regarding the release of the security interest holder, please contact our office or refer to the Manufactured Home Ownership Document Guide for more details, including any additional forms needed for your transaction. 
  • $55 ownership document fee PLUS $16 Tax Certification fee, totaling $71 payable to Washington County by cash, check, or money order. 

Ownership cannot be changed with the Security Interest Change form. However, mailing address and characteristics of the home can be updated at this time. The information provided in form 2952 will be used to verify all details. 

The required documents and fees can be mailed to our office or presented in person. 

Mail to: 

Washington County 
Assessment & Taxation
Attn: Manufactured Home Unit
155 N. First Ave., Ste. 130, MS 8
Hillsboro, OR 97124

For requests in person, we are located in Suite 130 on the first floor of the Public Services Building at 155 N. First Ave., in downtown Hillsboro.

For forms and further information, contact us at 503-846-8741, or visit the Building Codes Division website at or view the Manufactured Home Ownership Document Transaction Guide