FAQ - Marriage Licenses

Marriage License

I was previously married.  What do I need to bring with me to prove the prior marriage ended?

If you were previously married, you must know the date that your last marriage ended (death, divorce, dissolution or annulment). You are not required to bring documents or other proof.

What do we need to obtain a marriage license?

Each party must provide the following information in the form: 1) Birthplaces of applicant and parents; 2) Both parents' names prior to the first marriage of each; 3) Effective date when the applicant's prior marriage ended (if applicable); and 4) The name to be taken following the marriage ceremony. We reserve the right to ask for photo ID.

Which forms of payment are accepted at the Recording Office?

We accept cash, checks, money order, debit & most charge cards. Debit & charge cards will be processed with an additional convenience charge of $1.99.