Community Investment Conversations
In mid-November 2020, the Washington County Board of Commissioners hosted four online conversations to provide public information about the County’s budgeting process and service priorities. The conversations were the first in a series of steps to inform the Board and other County leaders as they prepare to assess the budgeting process, including the role of the community. The conversations were intended to meet the following goals:
- Share information about the County budget and budgeting process
- Provide an opportunity for the community to review the County’s current service priorities and give feedback
- Advance the ongoing effort to center community need in the development of short-term and long-range budget planning
Video recordings of each of the two-hour Community Investment Conversations can be viewed on the County's YouTube Channel:
- Thursday, November 12; 6:00 p.m.—8:00 p.m.
- Monday, November 16; 6:00 p.m.—8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 18; 6:00 p.m.—8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 21; 10:00 a.m.—12:00 noon
Other related information and resources include:
- Participant guide
- Compiled listing of participant Questions & Answers
- Washington County financial information including a budget visualization dashboard, the current and previous County budgets and Cost Allocation Plans
- Board of County Commissioners' response memo to Community Investment Conversation participants