Civic Leaders Program
The Washington County Civic Leaders Project, led by Adelante Mujeres in collaboration with Washington County, invites participants from communities of color and other underrepresented communities to complete a hands-on leadership training, equipping them to actively participate in the civic life of the county and engage in county decision making.
Training Topics Include:
- County Government services
- Civil rights & responsibilities
- Power analysis
- Environmental justice
- Volunteering, engagement & advocacy
- Public speaking & influencing
- Running for elected office
- Have an interest and/or experience in civic leadership
- Must be a resident of Washington County
- Must identify as a person of color other underrepresented community
- Commit to 5 sessions of training, homework and final celebration
If you need ADA accommodations, language interpretation or translation, or any other assistance to help you access these opportunities for participation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more and apply by visiting the Civic Leaders Project website.