Types of Content Not Allowed on County Social Media Sites
The County's social media sites serve as a mechanism for communication between County departments and members of the public. Content containing any of the following is not allowed:
- Comments and articles not topically related to the particular social media article being commented upon;
- Comments in support of or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures;
- Profane language or content;
- Rude, disparaging or discourteous comments directed at specific individuals, groups, or organizations;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
- Inappropriate sexual content or links to inappropriate sexual content;
- Solicitations of commerce;
- Illegal conduct or encouragement of illegal activity, excepting any authorized undercover activities of law enforcement agencies;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party;
- Comments or content that harass or advocate harassment of another person;
- Comments or content that poses or creates a privacy or security risk to others;
- Comments or content that contain restricted or password-only access pages or hidden pages or images (not linked to or accessible from another accessible page);
- Comments or content that involve the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, "spimming" or "spamming;"
- Comments or content soliciting or designed to solicit passwords or personal identifying information for commercial purposes;
- Comments or content involving commercial activities and or sales without prior written consent of the County, including but not limited to contests, barter, sweepstakes, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
- Comments or content that includes a photograph or video of another person that has been posted without the permission.
For more information, please see the County's full Social Media Policy.