The following populations are served through the Center and/or Custodial Home Supervision:
- Sentenced: Justice involved individuals are sentenced directly to the Center or Custodial Home Supervision or serve out the balance of a sentence that started at the jail. Approximately 60% of Center beds fall under this category.
- Sanctioned: Center beds and Custodial Home Supervision are used for short-term sanctions for probation and post-prison supervision individuals. They offer probation/parole officers a quick response to non-compliance, within a structured setting that provides programs to address problem behaviors. Approximately 5% of Center beds fall under this category.
- Local Control (SB1145): There is an emphasis on substance abuse and cognitive programming with transitional release planning for individuals with:
• a newly sentenced felony serving sentences of twelve months or less
• a revoked felony probation serving sentences of twelve months or less
• a parole and post-prison supervision sanction of 31 to 90 days
• post-prison supervision revoked up to 180 days
Local control occupies approximately 26% of Center beds.
Transitional Lodgers: The Center offers 12 beds (6% of total beds) at the Community Corrections Center for justice involved individuals while alternative housing is secured. They must agree to abide by supervision conditions and Center rules to remain in the program. They will work, or actively pursue employment, while seeking other housing. Programs are offered to the Transitional Lodgers to assist with treatment needs or other conditions of their supervision.