FAQ - Community Corrections

Community Corrections Center

Are residents allowed to come and go as desired?

No. Residents must obtain approved passes from their counselors prior to leaving the WCCCC facility. Most residents will be eligible for passes after their initial "black-out period".

See also:

Are residents allowed to smoke cigarettes while residing at the WCCCC?

Yes. Residents are allowed to smoke during designated outdoor courtyard breaks. Residents are only allowed commercial cigarettes, no loose tobacco, pipes, or cigars permitted. Due to current Oregon law, residents under the age of 21 may not receive cigarettes in a property drop.

See also:

Can I give a resident rides to work or on any other passes?

Yes, all rides will need to be pre-approved through resident's counselors.

See also:

Can I put money on a residents "books", or give them money?

The WCCCC does not have any "books" accounts for residents. The only item that residents can use money for in the center is to add money to their Intelmate phone account, other than that there is nothing else that residents are allowed to buy in the center. Staff will not accept money drop-offs. Cash will be allowed to be given to residents during visitations only, up to the maximum amount of $40.00. Excess amounts must be in form of checks, money orders, or cashier checks.

See also:

Can residents call from the WCCCC?

Residents have access to a phone in their dorms in which they are allowed to use during the hours of 9AM to 10PM. The phone system allows pre-paid accounts and collected calls. Family and friends may placed money through either the internet, phone, or kiosk located in the visitors room at the WCCCC. Please visit resident's phone system page for more information.

See also:

How can I contact a resident at the CCC, can I leave a message?

Due to the number of residents residing at the WCCCC, personal phone calls and messages are not accepted. Emergencies and employment related phone calls will be relayed to residents at the discretion of staff.

See also:

How do I find out when someone is being transferred to the WCCCC?

This information is not available to the public, it is based on many factors including bed availability, approval by the Courts and the Washington County Jail.

See also:

How do I get personal property that was collected and stored at the WCCCC?

Property will be stored at the WCCCC for 30 days after release of custody. Past residents can come in to pick up property with proper identification. If you are picking up property for a past resident who is back at the Washington County Jail, you will need to come into the WCCCC, get a release of property form and have it signed by the resident; thus allowing the WCCCC to release any and all property to you with appropriate identification. If property is not collected within the 30 days after being release from custody; the property will be donated/disposed of.

See also:

Probation and Parole

How do I contact the Oregon Department of Revenue?

This agency's information is provided below.

See also:

How do I obtain a Social Security card?

The Social Security Administration will provide information on obtaining a new or replacement card (see link below.)

See also:

How do I obtain a travel permit to leave the state?

You need the written permission of your Probation and Parole Officer to travel outside of Oregon. Failure to obtain permission, prior to leaving the state, is a violation of your supervision conditions and could result in a sanction. It is important to plan ahead and request a travel permit several days ahead of when you actually need it. You don’t want to find yourself needing a permit for an important trip, only to find out that your supervising officer is unavailable or that the office is closed for a holiday.

How do I obtain ID?

There are new laws in effect that specify the documents required to obtain a drivers license or identification card. The new DMV requirements can be found at the website below. In some cases, your Probation and Parole Officer may be able to provide verification of your social security number or address that you can present to DMV.

See also:

How do I pay court fines and fees?

Court fines and fee payments should be made to the State of Oregon. Payments can be paid in person, by mail, or by phone. Payments should be made in the County of conviction.

Court payment options:

• In Person: Cashiers can accept cash, checks or money orders,
payable to State of Oregon. MasterCard, Visa, and debit cards with
a Visa logo are accepted.

• Telephone: Credit Card Only. Call (503)846-8888 to reach the
accounting department and follow the instructions:
Press #3 during the automated message, then press #5.
Please Note: Credit card payments via the telephone cannot
be accepted if there are restitution or compensatory fines
involved with your case.

• Mail: Send payment to:

Washington County Circuit Court
Attn: Accounting
150 North First Avenue
Hillsboro, OR 97124

Make your check or money order payable to State of Oregon, with the case number written on it. If you need a receipt, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope

How do I transfer my supervision to another county?

See the following webpage for transferring supervision.

See also:

I am homeless. How do I find housing?

If you are homeless and in need of housing, you are encouraged to talk to your probation or parole officer. Officers are aware of community resources and may know where you can get help. You can also call the following for assistance:
-- 211 Information and Referral (simply dial 2 1 1)
-- Washington County Family Shelter Network (available 24 hours a day) (503)640-3263

See also:

What does "no contact" mean?

When the Court or Parole Board imposes this condition, it means you cannot have any contact whatsoever with the listed person. That means no person-to-person contact, such as meeting the person, no telephone contact which includes leaving messages, no texting, e-mailing or letter writing. In addition, you are not allowed to contact the person through a third-party, such as a friend or relative. The no-contact condition is strictly enforced. If there are any questions regarding this condition, please talk it over with your Parole/Probation Officer.

What is a special condition of supervision?

The Court imposes "general conditions" of supervision on everyone placed on probation. It is not unusual for the Court to also impose "special conditions". These are one or more conditions specific to the crime committed. Examples of special conditions are drug treatment for a drug possession conviction and a "no contact" order, between probationer and victim, in a domestic violence case.

What is bench probation?

Bench probation, sometimes also called "court probation" is an unsupervised probation. This means that, although the special conditions imposed by the Court are still in effect and you have to abide by them, you do not have to report to a Parole/Probation Officer. When you are on bench probation, all special conditions, including the payment of court fees, need to be completed no later than 90 days prior to the end of the probation period.

VERY IMPORTANT! When you are on probation, especially bench probation, it is essential that you notify the Court of any change of address. That way, if the Court needs to contact you, there will be no problems. However, if the Court does not have your current address, a warrant will be issued for your arrest.

What is post-prison supervision?

Parole and post-prison supervision are typically community supervision that follows a period of incarceration in a state prison. Post-prison supervision and parole are often used synonymously, but post-prison supervision is the correct term for convictions that have occurred on or after November 1, 1989. In either case, a Probation and Parole Officer monitors conditions imposed by the Oregon Board of Parole and Post-Prison Supervision. One may also be placed on post-prison supervision following revocation of felony probation and a period of incarceration in a local jail.

What is the difference between court fees and supervision fees?

Most clients on probation supervision in Oregon are required to "pay supervision fees, fines, restitution or other fees ordered by the court." In Washington County, clients are required to pay a supervision fee of $35 per month. Court fines and fees, which are different from supervision fees, are determined by the Court and may include fines, restitution/compensatory fees, and/or other statutory fees. The Court will either set a monthly payment amount, or order the Probation and Parole Officer to set the amount.

See also:

When will I be allowed to have contact with a victim?

If you have been convicted of a domestic violence crime, and you and your victim desire to have contact, you will first be required to complete at least twelve weeks of treatment and have the recommendation of your treatment provider. If you violate the conditions of your supervision, or are convicted of a re-assault against your victim, you will not be granted permission for contact in the foreseeable future.

Victims' Services

Do you have to be a resident of Washington County to receive CCVS services?

No. Our services are located in downtown Hillsboro, but you do not have to be a resident to come here for services.

See also:

How can I arrange to have someone come to my group and speak about Victims’ issues?

We love to get out in the community and speak with the public about a variety of crime victims' issues. Please visit our Public Education and Outreach page for more information.

See also:

How can I support the Center for Counseling & Victims’ Services?

There are many ways to help support CCVS; from sharing information about our center with community groups and businesses, to volunteering, to direct donations. If you’d like to find out how you can help, please visit our How to Help page for more information.

See also:

How do I get a restraining order?

To get a restraining order or a stalking order, your circumstances must meet certain qualifications.

Visit our Protective Orders page for detailed information. To obtain a protective order go to the Hillsboro Family Advocacy Center located at:

180 E Main St., Suite 200
Hillsboro, OR 97123

(503) 640-5352

For Restraining Orders: Plan to arrive early in the day (8:30 - 10:00AM) if you want to go to court on the same day. Paperwork must be completed by 10:30. You will watch a video at 12:30, then go to court afterwards. If you are granted an RO, your paperwork will be available sometime after 3:00PM. This is a full-day process.

See also:

How to I schedule an appointment with a CCVS counselor?

Just call our main line at 503-846-3020 or visit our clinic, and our caring staff will assist you. You can visit our Counseling page for further information.

See also:

I need help now. Who can I turn to?

If you are in a crisis situation or in danger, please call 911 for assistance.

The following numbers may also be helpful:

Portland Women’s Crisis: 503-235-5333 or 1-888-235-5333
Wa. Co. Domestic Violence Hotline: 503-469-8620 or 1-866-469-8600
Washington County Mental Health Crisis: 503-291-9111
Multnomah County Mental Health Crisis: 503-988-4888 or 1-800-716-9769
Washington County 211 Information & Referral: 503-222-5555

You can call our main line at 503-846-3020 or walk-in to our clinic during normal business hours for assistance.

See also:

I’m interested in internship and volunteer opportunities.  Where do I begin?

The important work we do would not be possible without the help of volunteers and interns. Please visit our How to Help page for more information.

See also:

Is CCVS near public transportation?

Yes. We are just over a block from the Hatfield Max station and we are near bus lines as well.

See also:

My child is a victim who needs counseling. Does CCVS help children? How do I get him/her an appointment?

CCVS uses a "family systems" model in treating dependent children (under age 18) which means that we require parents/guardians to be involved in a family therapy approach rather than treating the child individually. We believe it's important to honor parents/guardians as the "experts" on their children by engaging them in their child's treatment and supporting their efforts at home. This includes involved non-custodial parents.

You can call our main line at 503-846-3020 to request services or visit our Counseling page for more information.

If your child is age 18 or older, and you are not a legal guardian of the child, you cannot make an appointment on their behalf. Adults have the right to consent and self-determination and must engage counseling services on their own. If you believe your adult child is a danger to him/herself or others please call 911 or call the Washington County Mental Health Crisis line at 503-291-9111 for assistance.

See also:

My Offender is going to be released. Who can help me with safety planning and information?

Amy Smith, Victims' Advocate, is available to support you with information about offenders. She can be reached at 503-846-3026. Visit our Advocacy page for more information.

See also:

My spouse/significant other was victimized and needs counseling.  How can I get him/her an appointment?

You are not able to make counseling appointments on behalf of other adults unless you are the legal guardian of that person. Adults have the right to self-determination and consent to treatment and it’s important that they are ready for counseling. Your loved one will have to request services for his/herself. For information on our counseling services, please visit our Counseling page.

If you are concerned your loved one is a danger to him/herself or others, call 911 or the Washington County Mental Health Crisis Line at 503-291-9111 for help.

See also:

There is a no-contact order that keeps me from seeing my spouse/significant other.  But I need his/her help to pay bills, take care of children, manage the home, etc.  What do I do?

Our Victims’ Advocates are available to provide information and tools to cope with no-contact orders. Please visit our Advocacy page for contact information.

See also:

What are the criteria to receive free counseling services at CCVS?

Most people are eligible to receive counseling at CCVS.   Occasionally a counseling need will fall outside the scope of our clinicians who are counselors-in-training (severe mental illness, formal psychological evaluations, medication requests, situation where a specific type of therapy like DBT or batterer treatment is recommended, etc.) but we’ll work to refer you to available services that fit your circumstances.

See also:

What are your counseling fees?

All services are free.

See also:

What help is available to me as a victim of crime?

At CVS, we primarily help crime victims whose offenders are either post-conviction (in prison, on parole/probation, or out of the system) or whose crimes were not prosecuted. Our advocate is available to help guide you through your rights and connect you to available services. Visit our Advocacy page for more details.

If the District Attorney’s Office is currently prosecuting your offender, you can contact the DA’s Victims’ Assistance advocates for help at 503-846-8671. 

See also:

What rights do I have as a crime victim?

Crime victims have established federal and state rights and we are available to inform and guide you. Contact Amy Smith at 503-846-3026 for more information or visit our Crime Victims’ Rights page for further details.

See also:

What services are available at CCVS?

Our mission is to provide counseling, advocacy, education, and referral services that help liberate people from the effects of criminal harm, encourage healthy relationships, and promote a responsible community.

CCVS works to support victims, to advocate for human rights, to reduce the effects and risks of harm, to provide public education, and to facilitate a strong and healing community. CCVS also partners closely with government and community partners to encourage a network of care.

Services include counseling, advocacy, public education, and training for graduate intern counselors.

See also:

When is CCVS open?

CCVS is open daily, from 8:30AM to 5:00PM.  However, in some cases, appointments can be made after normal business hours. Call our main line at 503-846-3020 for more information or visit our Contact Us page.

See also:

Where is CCVS located?

CCVS is located in the passageway between the Justice Services Building and the Courthouse, on the first floor. Visitors must pass through security and metal detectors in order to access our Center. Please see the Contact Us page for further information.

See also:

Who provides the services at CCVS?

Counseling services are provided by masters graduate counseling interns and staff. Advocacy services (offender information, general information & referral, basic needs supplies, corrections information, etc.) are provided by our Victims’ Advocates. See the Program Overviews page for more information.

See also:

Who qualifies for CCVS services?

Anyone who has experienced crime, trauma or abuse at any point in their life; regardless of whether it was reported to law enforcement. Community counseling services are also available for non-victim issues.