In addition to the plans, the Office of Community Development occasionally publishes other studies and reports to help address the County’s housing and community development needs.
Washington County Manufactured Housing Communities Project (April 2022)
1. Washington County’s Manufactured Housing Communities: Facts, Risks, and Resources
This research report addresses three questions about this important source of lower-cost, unsubsidized owner-occupied housing in the County:
- What roles do manufactured housing communities play in the County’s array of housing options?
- What displacement risks do the County’s 4,000 to 4,500 households in manufactured housing communities face?
- What resources are available to assist with preserving and improving this housing option?
2. Action Plan for Manufactured Housing Communities
The Action Plan describes strategies in three areas:
- Preserving manufactured housing communities
- Enhancing existing communities
- Helping displaced homeowners find a new place to live
The Action Plan may be updated periodically as work progresses.