According to the Small Business Administration, up to 40% of small businesses fail after a disaster. Small
businesses, defined as having 20 or fewer employees, account for 89 percent of all businesses in Oregon.
The links provided below are to reliable resources from a variety of organizations. Refer to them
as you put together a plan to protect your business and increase your odds of re-opening and
sustaining operations following a disaster. Steps you take now are critical to your business' resilience.
Involve your staff. Preparedness is a team sport.
- www.disastersafety.org – Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety
- www.osha.gov – Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- www.cdc.gov – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- www.ready.gov/business – Federal Emergency Management Agency
- www.sba.gov – Small Business Administration
- www.redcross.org – American Red Cross
- Prepare Your Workplace – American Red Cross
- Emergency Management Guide for Business and Industry – FEMA
- Protect Your Business from All Natural Hazards – FEMA
- Small Business Handbook – OSHA