- Shelter assistant volunteers help the shelter operate smoothly by washing dishes and doing laundry.
- Dog volunteers clean kennels and provide training and enrichment to adoptable dogs.
- Cat volunteers clean litter boxes and provide training and enrichment to adoptable cats.
We ask volunteers to be 16 years of age or older and commit to at least one two-hour shift every week for a minimum of six months.
Steps to volunteering:
- Once an interest form is submitted, you will be invited to attend our next Information Session.
Attend an Information Session
- At the Information Session you will learn more about Bonnie Hays, find out what opportunities are currently available, and which shifts you can choose from.
- If you are unable to attend the next Information Session we will invite you to the next one after that.
- Our next Information Session may be in June 2020, depending on our volunteer needs and available shifts at that time.
Meet with the volunteer coordinator.
Orientation and training with staff and volunteer mentors.
For other volunteer inquiries such as group team-building activities please contact: