Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Bonnie Hays Animal Shelter!
At Bonnie Hays, we are able to provide a safe and compassionate environment to the animals that come through our doors, but we couldn't do it without our team of dedicated volunteers. We have an active volunteer program with a variety of roles which benefit the animals and the community including administrative needs, cleaning tasks, community outreach, animal care, animal training and more.
Because of the nature of our facility and the volunteer responsibilities, we have the following set of minimum requirements (there may be additional qualifications for certain jobs, such as those working directly with animals).
Bonnie Hays volunteers must:
- Be 16 years or older.
- Have a reliable form of transportation.
- Use e-mail and check it before coming in each week in case we have made any important announcements.
- Be able to commit to scheduled volunteer times.
- Be able to squat, bend, twist, lift, and/or stand for long periods when working directly with the animals.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with the public and our shelter staff.
- Be able to follow directions and work independently without constant supervision.
Volunteering at Bonnie Hays is a fun and rewarding experience, and we'd love to have you join our team!
To become a volunteer with Bonnie Hays you must apply and go through our interview process. After you are accepted as a volunteer, you will go through orientation as well as receive training in whichever role you are placed. Learn more about the process and about Bonnie Hays by attending an information session. Space is limited at each session, so reserve your spot today!
Our first quarter 2019 Volunteer Info Sessions are full. Please check back here for future volunteer recruitment information.
For other types of inquiries, please contact us here.