Birth & Death Certificates
Washington County Vital Records issues certified records of births and deaths that occur in this county after the original record has been registered and filed. You may apply to Washington County for records up to the last day of the fifth month from date of birth or death. For example, if your baby was born on January 10, you can apply for a birth record from Washington County until July 9 during our regular weekday business hours only. These documents are available to authorized individuals for purchase upon request.
If the birth or death occurred six months ago or longer, certified records must be obtained from the Oregon Health Authority (Vital Records).
- Birth Record Order Form for orders placed after January 1, 2018 (Spanish)
- Death Record Order Form for orders placed after January 1, 2018
To obtain a birth or death record outside of Oregon:
- Vitalchek or call toll free at 1-877-668-4801
- U.S. citizen - Birth Outside the United States of America
- U.S. citizen - Death Certificates Outside the United States of America
If you were born in another country to parents who are U.S. citizens, or if a U.S. citizen died abroad prior to 1987, you may obtain consular reports documenting these events from the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs website.
The Bureau of Consular Affairs website also provides address lists of foreign consular offices in the United States. These offices may provide help if you are not a U.S. citizen and need assistance in ordering a vital record from another country.