Birth & Death Certificates


Washington County Vital Records issues certified records of births and deaths that occur in this county after the original record has been registered and filed. You may apply to Washington County for records up to the last day of the fifth month from date of birth or death. For example, if your baby was born on January 10, you can apply for a birth record from Washington County until July 9. Apply during our regular business hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.

Application for:

If the birth or death took place six months ago or longer, contact the Oregon Health Authority (Vital Records). 

To obtain a birth or death record outside of Oregon: