Economic Relief

If you have tested positive for COVID-19 or are a close contact and need to quarantine, we may be able to help with rent, groceries, utilities and other essential expenses. Please call 503-846-8123 for assistance. 

These resources are for individuals and households in Washington County. Economic relief resources for businesses can be found at Washington County’s Business Recovery page.  

How do I get help with my rent or mortgage?  

Mortgage Support: Immediately call your mortgage lender or loan servicer to discuss your options. These resources may also provide information: 

Rent Support: 

  • St. Vincent de Paul (For Hillsboro, North Plains, and Cornelius families) (en español)  

  • Community Action - Call 503-615-0770 to request assistance. Be prepared for long hold times – they are receiving extraordinarily high numbers of calls. 

How can I get help if I am homeless or in immediate risk of becoming homeless? 

How do I get help paying for utilities?  

How can I get food assistance?  

I recently became unemployed for COVID-19 related reasons. Do I qualify for unemployment? How do I apply? Is there other assistance available?  

What medical support is available? 

  • Find programs that help pay for medical bills or provide free health care. 

Additional Resources