Group Living Facilities
NEW: Join our weekly COVID-19 webinar for long-term care facilities, adult foster homes, residential treatment and other group living facilities. Hosted by Clackamas, Multnomah and Washington County public health. Webinars take place every Friday at 3 p.m. via Zoom. More information on Multnomah County's website.
This page includes information and resources for long-term care facilities, adult foster homes and independent living communities. If you still need help or aren't sure who to contact, call 503-846-4965 or 503-846-4955 for assistance.
Reporting -- Contact Information
- Report all positive and pending COVID-19 cases to Washington County by email or calling 503-846-3954.
- For long-term care facilities, report cases to DHS by contacting the facility’s assigned policy analyst or by reporting to the general DHS email. In addition, for nursing facilities, report cases by email to NF.Licensing@state.or.us.
- For adult foster homes, report cases to DHS by emailing APD.AFHteam@dhsoha.state.or.us and AFH.Licensing@dhsoha.state.or.us.
- For adult foster homes licensed with the Washington County Developmental Disabilities team, email Josh Fulgham.
- For adult foster homes licensed by Oregon Health Authority-Mental Health in Washington County, email Joshua Thomas.
Sanitation and Infection Control Guidance
- CDC key strategies for long-term care facilities and retirement communities to prepare for COVID-19
- CDC resources for preventing the spread of COVID-19 in retirement communities and independent living communities.
- Oregon Health Authority LTCF Response Toolkit includes a readiness assessment tool, outbreak response tool and templates to help LTCFs prepare.
- The Oregon Health Authority hosted a webinar on prevention and response to COVID-19 in long-term care settings on April 10th, 2020, the slides are available in PDF form: COVID-19 Prevention and Response in Long-Term Care -Webinar Slides
The Department of Human Services website includes policy updates and information on admissions guidelines and executive orders.
- To submit a complaint to DHS please send an email.
- To submit a complaint related to Washington County, please email us.
- For information about government or community resources available to older adults, including information and referral, in-home and congregate meals, money management assistance, legal assistance, and referrals on transportation options, please visit the ADRC website or call 503-846-3060.
- COVID-19 Emergency Preparedness: Caring for Persons Living with Dementia in a Long-Term or Community-Based Care Setting. The Alzheimer’s Association developed this guide to assist staff in the care for persons with dementia in emergency situations in long-term and community-based care settings, helping providers who may face staffing shortages deliver high-quality dementia care during an emergency situation.