Last updated on 9/8/2021
Washington County Public Health is aware of some delays in testing at sites throughout the community. We are actively working with partners to increase resources in this area. If you are seeking urgent testing, you may need to contact more than one testing site for an available appointment. At-home test kits may also be appropriate in this situation. They are in high demand and may be difficult to find, so you might have to try multiple sources.
Who Should Get Tested
You should get tested if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or if you came into close contact with someone with known COVID-19, even for a short period of time. If you are getting tested because you had close contact with someone who has COVID-19, it’s best to wait three to four days after you were together before getting tested. The test may not be accurate if you get it done too soon. You should stay home and away from unvaccinated individuals while you wait.
Self-Test Kits Available
BinaxNOW test kits are available at most pharmacies over the counter and online. Due to high demand, supply is limited and you might have to shop around. You get two tests for $25. This rapid antigen test should be used if you have symptoms of COVID-19 and you think you may have been exposed. If you don't have symptoms, you may get a false result. Results should be available in 15 minutes. If positive, you should seek a confirmatory PCR test from an authorized lab. Read more and watch a video to see how it works.
Where to Get Tested
You can also search by zip code on OHA's testing page.
American Family Care
- Curbside COVID-19 testing: 14278 SW Allen Blvd., Beaverton, OR 97005
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-8 p.m., Weekends, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Insured: Office visit and testing may be fully covered depending on insurance.
- No insurance: PCR is $179. Antibody and Rapid Antigen Testing is $139. Rapid Abbott Testing is $199.
- Call 503-305-6262 or schedule a visit at AFC's website.
Fred Meyer - Antibody Test Only
- For people who believe they may have been previously infected with COVID-19 and are not currently experiencing symptoms
- Non-invasive finger prick test
- Results within 15 minutes
- Cost: $25 regardless of insurance status
- Fred Meyer website
- Testing at hospital and urgent care locations, normal hours of operation.
- For Kaiser members and health care providers only.
- Kaiser is prioritizing testing for symptomatic and high-risk patients.
- Kaiser website
- Available at all centers: Rapid COVID-19 tests; results in 15 minutes. Antibody testing; results in 2-3 days.
- Patients with symptoms can schedule a virtual visit or in-clinic online at most locations, with the exception of asymptomatic testing centers indicated on the website.
- Insured: Many insurance plans accepted.
- No insurance: Virtual visits cost $99 plus $75 for the rapid test.
- Legacy GoHealth website
Neighborhood Health Center
- Hillsboro Clinic Location: 266 W Main St. Hillsboro, OR
- Drive-up COVID-19 testing by appointment only: 503-941-3016
- FREE regardless of insurance status.
- PCR testing with results available within 2-3 days.
- Neighborhood Health Center website
- OHSU offers testing at several locations in the Portland metro area, including the OHSU Immediate Care Clinic in Beaverton.
- This testing is FREE.
- Options for both established patients and those with different or no insurance.
- More information on OHSU COVID information page
Portland Expo Center
- Drive-thru testing at Portland Expo Center starting September 8
- 2060 N Marine Drive, Portland, OR 97217
- You must make an appointment by calling 833-647-8222 on weekdays, or schedule online.
- Multiple locations. Different testing options are available based on your symptoms.
- Doctor referral/appointment only for Providence affiliated patients. Call 971-326-8718 to schedule.
- PCR testing with results available within two to three days.
- Will bill insurance or financial assistance available for those who are uninsured
- Providence website.
Rite Aid Pharmacy in Beaverton
- 12575 SW Walker Rd. Beaverton, OR (drive-through testing, self-administered with pharmacist guidance)
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-8 p.m., weekends, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.,
- Patients must create an account online, take an online screening, meet testing criteria, and then be given an appointment.
- Test results expected within 2-5 days
- Rite Aid website.
- 900 SE Oak St., #202, Hillsboro, OR 97123
- Hours: M-F, 2-5 p.m. and Saturdays, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Offering all COVID-19 testing, evaluation and treatment FREE for uninsured patients; no-cost screening and care to patients with nearly all insurance plans.
- Online appointment required: Tuality Physicians website
Virginia Garcia Memorial Health Centers
- Multiple locations.
- Online health assessment and appointment required.
- Cost: May be free. But you may be billed if your insurance denies coverage or you do not meet federal or state no-cost testing eligibility criteria.
- Rapid testing results available within 24 hours.
- Walgreens website.
- All patients must be screened before going for a test.
- Results are usually available within 3-5 days.
- Insurance: Some plans cover it. Please check with your insurance company ahead of time.
- Uninsured/not covered: Lab fee is $100 plus cost of virtual visit.
- ZoomCare website.