Emergency Preparedness Resources:
- Washington County Emergency Management Cooperative (EMC)- Formerly known as Washington County Office of Consolidated Emergency Management (OCEM)
- 30 Days 30 Ways - Join this annual September contest! Lean ways to be more prepared through simple, fun and innovative tasks.
Get Trained! Training is available through various agencies:
- American Red Cross - Oregon Trail Chapter
- CERT - Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)- Contact your nearest, or most convenient, CERT group:
Listos - Emergency preparedness classes in Spanish!
Beaverton - Mike Mumaw, Emergency Manager
Hillsboro - Tammy Bryan, Emergency Manager
- Tigard - Mike Lueck, Emergency Manager
Medical Reserve Corps - Healthcare volunteers provide free trainings for the community. Topics include Stop the Bleed, Hands Only CPR, Emergency Preparedness, Red Cross Pillowcase Project, Disaster Sanitation and other public health issues. Let us know what you need!
Learn More! Get prepared and help others prepare; share informational resources.
- Play the Shakeout game and learn how to ready your home an earthquake.
- Make a Plan and Get a Kit - FEMA Website.
- Watch a video created by the Mayo Clinic about Continuous Chest Compression CPR.
- Stop the Bleed - Learn how to stop severe bleeding to save a life. (Warning - Graphic images)
- Until Help Arrives - You are the help until first responders arrive. Learn what you can do to help others stay safe until help arrives.