Emergency Preparedness Resources:
- Washington County Emergency Management Cooperative (EMC)- Formerly known as Washington County Office of Consolidated Emergency Management (OCEM)
- Public Alerts - Sign up for emergency alerts and view useful information to help you and your loved ones stay informed and safe.
Get Trained! Training is available through various agencies:
- American Red Cross - Oregon Trail Chapter
- CERT - Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)- Contact your nearest, or most convenient, CERT group:
Medical Reserve Corps - Healthcare volunteers provide free trainings for the community. Topics include Stop the Bleed, Hands Only CPR, Emergency Preparedness, Red Cross Pillowcase Project, Disaster Sanitation and other public health issues. Contact us to schedule an event or training.
Learn More! Get prepared and help others prepare; share informational resources.
- Play the Shakeout game and learn how to ready your home for an earthquake.
- Make a Plan and Get a Kit - FEMA Website.
- Watch a video created by the Mayo Clinic about Continuous Chest Compression CPR.
- Stop the Bleed - Learn how to stop severe bleeding to save a life. (Warning - Graphic images)
- Until Help Arrives - You are the help until first responders arrive. Learn what you can do to help others stay safe until help arrives.