The process for obtaining a Child Care Center or Certified Family Home Sanitation Inspection from Washington County's Environmental Health program is as easy as 1-2-3.
1. Please submit the following to Washington County Environmental Health:
- Child Care Center or Certified Family Child Care Home Sanitation Inspection Form provided to you by the state (For examples of how to complete these forms properly, click here for a child care center and here for certified family care facility)
- The correct fee for your type of facility
2. Deliver these in person or send them via mail. Our office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., with the exception of governmental holidays. Should you choose the mail option, our address is as follows: Washington County Environmental Health, 155 N. First Ave., MS-5, Hillsboro, OR 97124
3. An environmental health specialist will call you within three days of the receiving date to schedule a five-day inspection window.
See Fee Schedule.
For additional information from your licensing department, visit the State of Oregon's Office of Child Care.
New Child Care Centers or Certified Family Homes
Per OAR 414-300-0010 (8), new child care centers and new certified family homes must undergo a plan review at the time of initial licensing application to the Office of Child Care. Please submit the following to Washington County Environmental Health.
- Washington County Child Care Facility Plan Review Application
- Typical food menu served to children