A temporary restaurant license is required when food is prepared or served for consumption by the public at events. There are three different types of temporary restaurants: single, intermittent and seasonal.
Single Temporary Restaurant is a food operation that operates in conjunction with a single public event. This license expires after 30 days of continual operation.
Intermittent Temporary Restaurant is a food operation at a specific location in connection with multiple public events having at least two different oversight organizations. The location remains the same and the menu is not altered. The license expires after 30 days.
Seasonal Temporary Restaurant is a food operation at a specific location in connection to an event arranged by one oversight organization. The location remains the same and the menu is not changed. The license expires after 90 days.
Mobile food units with a current license from another
An application for a temporary restaurant should be received in our office at least one week before the event. This allows us to review your application ahead of time to address any possible concerns found on the application.
For information about operations regulated by the Oregon Department of Agriculture, including bakeries and home kitchens, visit their Food Safety License page.
For more information about the food code, visit the Food Code Adoption page.
Forms and Information
- Intermittent or Seasonal Events (Eventos intermitentes o estacionales)
- Guidelines for Temporary Food Vendors
- Food Booth Checklist (Guía para su puesto de comida)
- Handwashing Station (Lavamanos provisional)
- Mobile Food Unit Event Operation Information
- Temporary Restaurant Operation Guide (Guía Para la Operación de Restaurantes Temporales)
- Essentials for a Successful Health Inspection ( Elementos Esenciales para su Inspección Sanitaria)
- Food Sanitation Rules
- Food Handler Card
- Frequently Asked Questions (Preguntas Frequentes sobre Restaurantes Temporales)
- License Exemptions Frequently Asked Questions
For Event Coordinators
Contact us with any questions or concerns.