Educational Resources for Food Safety
Educational Resources for the Public
- Bad Bug Book - Information prepared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration about germs and toxins.
- Consumer Advice - Resources and links to website regarding food safety and disaster assistance.
- Consumer Advice for Seniors - Resources and website links with health information especially for seniors.
- Consumer Advice for Women and Childcare Providers - Useful information for child care providers and women with infants or children.
- Food Safety in Emergencies - Provides information from the Food Safety Inspection Service on keeping food safe during and after emergency situations.
- Food Recall Information - Recalls, market withdrawals and safety alerts provided by the USDA.
- Fighting Foodborne Bacteria - (in Spanish) Partnership for Food Safety Education's brochure "Fight Bac."
- Gateway to Food Safety - Government Food Safety information website with links to other sites.
- The 6 Steps of Handwashing - Color poster for kids.
- CD Food Safety Initiative - Link to CDC website which provides collaborative information on food safety.
- USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service - Link to SIS home page on food defense and safety.
Educational Resources for the Food Industry
- Date Marking Foods - (in Spanish)
- Buffet or Smorgasbord Shielding
- Employee Illness Policy - Example
- Emergency Response for Contaminated Water
- Food Sanitation Rules
- Food Handler Card
- Food Booth/Temporary Restaurant
- Temporary Handwashing Station - (in Spanish)
- Prevention and Control of Cockroaches
- Ban on Latex Gloves
- Cleaning-up Vomit and Diarrhea
- Employee Health Poster (Salud del Empleado)(Chinese)(Korean)(Vietnamese)