Washington County is now offering rebates of $1,500-$3,500*when you replace your old wood stove for a cleaner heating device.
*Some households will qualify for a FREE replacement, based on income.
Learn more about the program and apply at www.WoodStoveExchange.com
- Burn only dry wood
- Make small, hot fires; this will minimize air pollution
- Do not burn garbage
- Do not burn overnight
- Do regular inspections of your stove or fireplace to prevent fires and have the chimney cleaned to remove buildup
- Know that dark smoke is bad
- Keep the stove clean
- Use your fireplace for ambiance? Consider using fire logs instead of cord wood
- Yearly chimney cleaning is recommended to remove buildup and to check and make sure that the device is working properly