Behavioral Health Council
The Behavioral Health Council (BHC) addresses prevention, intervention and treatment issues of adults and children with mental health, alcohol and other drugs, gambling or other program areas related to behavioral health. The Council also acts as Washington County's Local Alcoholism Planning Committee.
Membership and Stakeholders
The BHC takes great care to include members who reflect the county's community, including but not limited to considering geographic area, cultural and ethnic representation. Ten slots are dedicated to consumers, family members and specific organizations.
Required stakeholder members:
- Provider of youth mental health services
- Provider of youth alcohol and drug services
- Provider of adult alcohol and drug services
- Provider of adult mental health services
- Child-serving social service agency
- K-12 school representative
- Family member of an adult receiving services
- Family member of a child receiving services
- Self-identified adult consumer of services
- Prevention services representative
At large members
Additionally, the BHC has nine at large positions who represent consumers, minority groups, special populations and key system stakeholders.
All members are appointed by the Board of Commissioners. To apply to be a member of the BHC, please visit: https://www.co.washington.or.us/CAO/BoardsCommissions/index.cfm.
- Identify needs and establish priorities for human health service delivery.
- Participate in the selection of service providers.
- Participate in the evaluation of services to assure they are effectively addressing the needs and priorities and are of high quality.
- Provide a community balance and an independent opinion to the Board of Commissioners regarding program directions, decisions and proposals, including budget.
- Offer a link to the community at large through advocacy, public information and education activities sponsored by the council.
The BHC meetings are open to the public and are generally held on the fourth Wednesday of each month from 9 -11 a.m. at 5240 N.E. Elam Young Parkway, Suite 150, Hillsboro, OR 97124. Meetings may be canceled or rescheduled. Please call 503-846-4528 to verify meeting schedule.
March (no meeting)
February (no meeting)
December (no meeting)
October (no meeting)
August (no meeting)
June (no meeting)