Complaints and Grievances

At times, you may have concerns about the services you or your loved one receives. Washington County Behavioral Health strives to have the concern addressed at the lowest possible level. This typically means talking to your treatment staff directly and expressing the concern. If this doesn’t work, or you don’t feel safe talking to the staff person, other options are available. Most providers have a process for receiving and responding to complaints and grievances. You can call the agency directly and ask to file a complaint. Clients, their legal guardian or representative, may also file a complaint with Washington County Behavioral Health.

Washington County also accepts complaints and grievances in writing or by telephone at:

Washington County Quality Assurance
5240 NE Elam Young Parkway, Suite 150
Hillsboro, OR 97124    
503-846-4515 or toll free at 1-833-266-3845, TTY 771

Complaint forms can be accessed in English or Spanish.

If you are on the Oregon Health Plan, you may also file complaints with your Coordinated Care Organization (CCO) or the Oregon Health Authority (OHA): 

  • CareOregon: 503-416-4100
  • Trillium Health Plans: 1-877-600-5472
  • OHA, Health Systems Division: 503-945-5763

The Washington County Complaints and Grievances Policy explains the process. 

Clients, or their guardian or representative, may also appeal grievance resolutions if they disagree with the resolution.