Wraparound Care Coordination
Wraparound is a team-based planning process that supports youth and families with complex needs. There are often many people who care about the well-being of a youth. Wraparound brings together friends, relatives, schoolteachers, counselors and caseworkers. The team works with the youth and family to develop an individualized plan. Participation in Wraparound is always voluntary.
Wraparound is available to youth who are on the Oregon Health Plan and assigned to a local Coordinated Care Organization.
To access services, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be under the age of 18
- Have had a mental health assessment within the last year
- Be struggling in several areas such as home, school, or social relationships
- Be involved with two or more systems such as Special Education, Child Welfare, Juvenile Justice, Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities
To apply for Washington County Wraparound, please complete a referral packet. You must include all of the following items:
- Referral Form
- Mental Health Assessment or updated assessment completed within the last year
- Signed Consent for Screening and Services (must be signed by legal guardian)
- Signed Consent for Release of Confidential Information. This allows staff to share the referral packet with the Wraparound Review Committee.
- Signed Receipt of Privacy Practices form. A guardian should review the Notice of HIPAA Privacy Practices prior to signing the form, which can be found here:
Please review this checklist to make sure you have completed everything needed for the packet before sending it to Washington County.
Completed referral packets can be sent to Washington County in the following ways:
- Secure email to BHAdminSupport@co.washington.or.us. If you need help sending the email in a secure manner, email us first and we can help you.
- Fax to 503-846-4560
- Put the printed forms in an envelope and place them in our Behavioral Health Drop Box. This mail drop box is available 24/7 at the address listed below.
- Print the forms, place in an envelope and mail to:
Washington County Wraparound Team
5240 NE Elam Young Pkwy, Suite 150, MS-70
Hillsboro, OR 97124
Referral packets are screened by the Wraparound Review Committee. The legal guardian and person making the referral will be notified in writing of the decision.
If approved to enter the program, a care coordinator will be assigned. The care coordinator will contact the legal guardian within 14 days.
If a youth is not approved for the program, staff will provide other options to the family/guardian.
For more information, call our Behavioral Health Support Team at 503-846-4528.