Children Should Get Immunizations by February 21, School Exclusion Day
For Immediate Release: Monday, January 22, 2018
School Exclusion Day is Wednesday, February 21, 2018. Washington County Public Health officials are reminding parents to make sure their children's immunizations are up to date. Any child without the required immunizations or an exemption certificate will not be allowed to attend school or child care on or after that day until they provide documentation of immunizations or exemption.
Students in Washington County have several options for immunizations. They can see their health care provider; go to Neighborhood Health Center, National University of Natural Medicine (NUNM) in Beaverton, or their school-based health center during regular business hours; or attend one of several special immunization clinics taking place in the coming weeks. Students should bring immunization records and any related vaccine documents and letters to appointment.
Neighborhood Health Center will hold an immunization clinic at their Tanasbourne location on Saturday, January 27, from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. at 18650 NW Cornell Rd, Building C, Suite 220, Hillsboro. Vaccines for children ages 0-18 will be available. Flu vaccines may be available, depending on supply. To schedule an appointment, call 503-848-5861. The clinic is for those with or without insurance.
NUNM Beaverton Health Center will hold an immunization clinic on Saturday, February 17, from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. at 11975 SW Second Street, Beaverton. Appointments available for youth between 0-18 years of age without insurance, or who have OHP/Medicaid or private insurance. To schedule an appointment, call 503-552-1552.
The following Virginia Garcia school-based health centers (SBHC) will hold special immunization clinic days from 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. Students ages 14 and under need to have an adult present. Students ages 15 and older can go on their own, but ID is required. SBHCs may charge a visit fee for uninsured clients; however, the SBHC will work with families regarding payment options. Kaiser insurance is not accepted. Please call ahead for an appointment. Walk-ins are available on a limited basis, and there may be long wait times.
- Beaverton High School SBHC: Monday, February 12, for all students and children ages 4-19 in the Beaverton School District/district boundary. 503-356-3985
- Tualatin High School SBHC: Tuesday, February 13, for all students and children ages 0-19 in Tigard-Tualatin and Sherwood school districts/district boundaries. 503-431-5975
- Century High School SBHC: Wednesday, February 14, for all students and children ages 0-19 in the Hillsboro School District/district boundary. 503-597-4580
- Forest Grove High School SBHC: Thursday, February 15, for all students and children ages 0-21 in Forest Grove, Banks and Gaston school districts/district boundaries. 503-359-4057
- Tigard High School SBHC: Friday, February 16, for all students and children ages 0-19 in Tigard-Tualatin and Sherwood school districts/district boundaries. 503-431-5775
For additional information on where to get immunizations or other health care services, call the Washington County Health Care Resource Line at 503-846-8851.
Media Contact:Wendy Gordon, Communications Coordinator/PIO