Statement on Reopening
Sponsored by: Health and Human Services Department, Public Health Division
Washington County statement on Governor’s reopening criteria
We were pleased to hear the Governor outline her specific requirements for reopening.
Even before this announcement, we have been working on a reopening plan that will be reviewed by our County Commissioners on Tuesday.
This plan will include details of how we are:
- Ramping up our contact tracing and testing capacity,
- Increasing our resources to support community members who will be isolated and quarantined,
- Monitoring our COVID-19 hospitalizations for a 14-day decline,
- Monitoring our hospital and PPE capacity,
- Working with our business community to make sure they are implementing state requirements for physical distancing, and
- We will also report our progress on these criteria on our Coronavirus page next week.
Washington County has more COVID-19 cases than smaller, rural counties so we will reopen later than many of those counties. We need to make sure that our underserved and high-risk community members are protected so we are using data and science to guide our reopening plan.
Media Contact:Mary Sawyers, Public Information Officer