Maternal Child & Reproductive Health
Who We Are
The Maternal Child and Reproductive Health (MCRH) Field Team consists of experienced public health nurses and community health workers who make home visits to pregnant or postpartum women and families with newborn infants or young children.
What We Do
We provide support and education, address medical concerns, provide case management services, and ensure that care is coordinated in order to promote the best health for mothers and children in Washington County. Services include:
- Nurse-Family Partnership program services
- Early Connections provides free prenatal care referral services, parenting resources and tips to support your child's healthy growth and development
- Prenatal and childbirth education
- Support for women who have a high risk pregnancy
- Prenatal and postpartum depression screening
- Breastfeeding support and education
- Oral health education and referrals
- Postpartum support and education
- Monitoring of infant growth and weight gain
- Developmental screening and activities that promote normal infant development
- Education and support for healthy parenting
- Education and support to improve child health and development
- Case management, referral and follow-up to ensure access to health care and other services
- Assessment of the physical home environment for families of children with asthma or persistent wheezing
You are eligible for MCH Field Team services if:
- You live in Washington County AND
- You are a pregnant or postpartum woman OR
- You have a newborn infant OR
- You have an infant or child with special health needs
The Nurse-Family Partnership program has specific eligibility requirements that may be different from those noted above. Please visit the web page to learn more or contact us using the information below.
Resilience and Trauma-Informed Resources for Clients and Community Members
Washington County HHS has created these rack cards for informational purposes. Please note that the files posted below are low resolution and are not suitable for printing. If you would like copies of the rack cards to distribute to clients or community partners, please contact Jessica Nye at 503-846-3712 or email@example.com.
If the contents of these brochures have been distressing or if you need further assistance, please call the Washington County Crisis Line at 503-291-9111.
Phone: 503-846-4872 or 503-846-5717 or 503-846-3712
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.