Household Hazardous Waste
Many of the products used in our homes and yards can be hazardous to people, wildlife and the environment if disposed of improperly. Below are resources to help identify and properly dispose of household hazardous waste.
- What to Recycle and Where?: Use our online search tool to find out how and where to recycle or dispose of hazardous products
- Common hazardous products: Understand what household products are hazardous and how to handle them, from Metro
- Neighborhood collection events: Free household hazardous waste collection events in the region
- Hazardless Home Handbook: Guide to hazardous products and effective alternatives, from Metro
Unwanted medication and sharps
- What to Recycle and Where?: Use our online search tool to find out how andwhere to dispose of medication and sharps
- Washington County Sharps and Drug Disposal: Overview of drug disposal options
- Safe disposal of household medical sharps: Learn about Metro's sharps container exchange program
Not finding something you are looking for? Please contact us at 503-846-3605 or by email.