I Want to Quit
Are you ready to quit? You are not alone – 69% of Oregon tobacco users say they are ready to quit. Quitting tobacco is one of the most important things you can do to protect your health and the health of your loved ones. Nobody says quitting is easy, but it IS possible. There are many resources to help you quit for good!
One of the best resources available is the Oregon Quit Line. This is a FREE program that helps you create an easy-to-follow quitting plan. It helps you get ready, take action, and then live the rest of your life as a non-smoker. The Quit Line uses the Four Essential Practices to Quit for Life:
- Quit at your own pace.
- Conquer your urges to smoke.
- Use medications so they really work.
- Don't just quit; become a non-smoker.
Phone numbers for Quit Line:
- 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669)
- Spanish: 1-877-2NO-FUME (1-877-266-3863)
- TTY for hearing impaired: 1-877-777-6534
- This is Quitting - a text-based program designed for teens and young adults up to age 24. It's an easy, opt-out program and also has support for those not yet ready to quit.
- Cost Savings Calculator
- Are You Ready to Quit - Quiz
- Become an Ex - The EX Program
- Freedom from Smoking - Online quit program
- Determined to Quit - Online customizable quit program
- Nicotine Anonymous - Nonprofit 12-step fellowship
- American Cancer Society
- American Lung Association
Smokefree.gov - Find support, tips, tools and expert advice to help you or someone you love quit smoking.