We appreciate your interest in HHS and invite you to revisit this page in the future to view updates regarding these special circumstances.
Internships are a valuable part of a student’s professional development, career path and future endeavors. Washington County Health and Human Services (HHS) provides opportunities to students by offering short-term learning experiences. The goals of our internship program are to:
- Actively participate in the education and training of the future health and human services workforce.
- Introduce students to health-related careers.
- Support a diverse and local workforce reflective of our community.
Please note: HHS can support a limited number of internships. Applicants are strongly encouraged to explore other internship placements in addition to HHS.
Who is eligible
To be eligible for an internship, a student must be enrolled in an approved educational institution. Students pursuing an associates, bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degrees may apply. Internships may be part-time or full-time based on requirements of the internship and the student’s availability.
How to apply
Internship applications are accepted year-round. As internship opportunities become available, applicants are notified. Complete and submit the application to email@example.com with these attachments:
- Current resume
- Names and contact information for at least two references, preferably a professor/teacher and/or employer.
- Cover letter (optional)
Some programs may require an interview.
HHS programs that host interns
- Accounting, contracting and finance
- Animal Services (veterinarian technician students only)
- Developmental Disabilities
- Children, Youth and Families
- Disability, Aging and Veteran services
- Disease Control and Prevention
- Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Preparedness/Management
- Environmental Health
- General data and policy analysis
- Health Equity and Policy
- Maternal Child and Reproductive Health (BSN and graduate students only)
- Medical Examiner’s Office (Email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in this program. They have a separate application process.)
- Solid Waste & Recycling
- Women, Infants & Children
Questions? Contact Laura Duncan at 503-846-4915.