Local Implementation Strategy - Draft 2
The second draft of Washington County's Local Implementation Strategy is now available. Click here if you would like to view it.
Local Implementation Strategy
Washington County is committed to leading with racial equity and community engagement throughout this process. In addition, there is a large commitment to adding units for families (407 units) and extremely low income households (334 units). There will also be a focus in workforce participation by minorities, women, and disabled veterans. The guiding principles of the LIS are as follows:
- Housing Development plan including criteria and selection process for projects
- Strategy for advancing racial equity throughout implementation
- Engagement reports summarizing how stakeholder input shaped development of the strategy
- Plan for ongoing community engagement
If you would like to review the first draft of the LIS, click here: Local Implementation Strategy Washington County’s approach to implementing the Regional Affordable Housing Bond is described in this key document.
We Want to Hear from You
Leading with racial equity and community engagement with the diverse groups in Washington County are important first steps in implementing the bond.
Please provide your comments or questions to AffordableHousingBond@co.washington.or.us or attend the upcoming meetings listed below to provide your input.
LIS Public Meetings
- May 7 Public Hearing for LIS Draft 1, Washington County Board of County Commissioners Meeting, 10:00 a.m. meeting time
- May 28 Work Session for LIS Draft 2, Washington County Board of County Commissioners Meeting, 1:00 p.m. meeting time
- June 18 Work Session for LIS Draft 3 (Final), Washington County Board of County Commissioners Extended Worksession, 8:30 a.m. meeting time
- May 1 Washington County Planning Commission regular meeting, 1:30 p.m. meeting time
- May 6 City of Cornelius, City Council, 7:00 p.m. meeting time
- May 7 City of Sherwood, City Council at Worksession, 6:00 p.m. meeting time
- May 13 City of Forest Grove, City Council, 7:00 p.m. meeting time
- May 14 City of Tigard, City Council , 7:30 p.m. meeting time
- May 28 City of Tualatin, City Council at Worksession, 5:00 p.m. meeting time
- May 28 City of Durham, City Council, 7:30 p.m. meeting time
- June 25 Approval of Final LIS (Draft 3), Washington County Board of County Commissioners Meeting, 6:30 p.m. meeting time