Local Implementation Strategy - Community Engagement
Local Implementation Strategy
Washington County is committed to leading with racial equity and community engagement throughout this process. In addition, there is a large commitment to adding units for families (407 units) and extremely low income households (334 units). We will also focus in workforce participation by minorities, women, and disabled veterans. The guiding principles of the LIS are:
- Housing Development plan including criteria and selection process for projects
- Strategy for advancing racial equity throughout implementation
- Engagement reports summarizing how stakeholder input shaped development of the strategy
- Plan for ongoing community engagement
The final version of Washington County's Local Implementation Strategy, approved by the Board of County Commissioners on December 17, 2019, is available here.
Staff provide updates on Metro Bond implementation throughout the County. Recent presentations have been made to:
- Westside Economic Alliance Land Use & Housing Committee
- Housing Oregon Portland Policy Council
- Washington County Civic Leaders Group
- Beaverton's Housing Technical Advisory Group
- Community Housing Fund Board of Directors
Please contact Shannon Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information or to request a presentation.