The County website outage has been restored, along with the Property Tax System. Other online functions may not be currently available but we are working to reestablish all web-based services as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Landlord Compensation Fund

In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Oregon Legislature enacted an eviction moratorium through June 30, 2021, and established the Landlord Compensation Fund (House Bill 4401). The Legislature allocated $200 million in rent assistance to support tenants and landlords, which includes $150 million for the Landlord Compensation Fund.

Through this program, landlords of residential properties have been compensated for tenant past due rent. The third and likely final round of applications closed on June 23, 2021. Approximately $60 million was available for this round of applications. The program paid out 100% of past due rent in this final round. Landlords that already received 80% compensation through the program will be paid the remaining 20%. The program coverage was also expanded to include past due rent from both current and former tenants through June 2021.

If another application round opens, landlords must provide tenants with written notice about the application and obtain a signed Declaration of Financial Hardship from all tenants to be included in the fund reimbursement. All applications must be submitted through the Landlord Compensation Fund Application Portal.

Landlords can learn more about the program by visiting the Oregon Housing and Community Services (OHCS)
Landlord Compensation Fund page; also, visit these FAQs. Landlords can also sign up for the 'Landlord Compensation Fund Updates' e-mail list to receive updates on the program.

Questions about the program can be submitted directly to OHCS program staff at In addition, Washington County has set up dedicated program contact points at and 503-846-4775.