Resident Resources

COVID-19 Rent Assistance Programs and Eviction Protections: In 2021, Washington County has provided tenants and landlords with the opportunity to receive assistance with past due rent through two programs: the U.S. Treasury Emergency Rental Assistance program and the state-funded Landlord Compensation Fund (LCF applications closed in June 2021). Visit our COVID-19 Updates and Programs page for detailed information on eviction protections, or view this overview document (EnglishSpanish) about tenant rights, rent assistance, and going to court.

How can I get involved?

The Resident Advisory Board application will be posted to this webpage once available. Check back regularly.

How do I know which program I'm on?

If you pay your monthly rent to the Department of Housing Services, you are probably a resident of Public Housing.   

If you pay a portion of your total monthly rent to a landlord, and the Department of Housing Services pays the rest of your rent, you probably have a Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher.


Who is my case worker?

Check our staff list.


I've had a change in my income or household.  What do I need to do?

You must immediately report any changes in:

  • The income of anyone in your household age 18 or older, and
  • Changes in who is living with you

Changes must be reported in writing.  You may download a form for reporting the change on our Interim and Annual Recertifications page.


How can I report fraud?

If you are aware of someone who is receiving rental assistance from the Department of Housing Services who you believe is not following the rules of the program, please contact the client's case worker.

All allegations of fraud are investigated.  However, please be aware that due to confidentiality rules, we cannot confirm or deny whether or not any person receives rental assistance from the Department of Housing Services.  We also cannot disclose to you the results of any investigation of alleged fraud.


How do I report a maintenance problem?

If you live in Public Housing, call our Maintenance Line at (503) 846-4796 or fill out an Online Maintenance Request.

If you do not live in Public Housing, contact your landlord or property manager.