Compensation available for Oregon landlords with unpaid rent
Landlord Compensation Fund Summary
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Oregon Legislature enacted an eviction moratorium and established the Landlord Compensation Fund (House Bill 4401). The Legislature allocated $200 million in rent assistance to support tenants and landlords, which includes $150 million for the Landlord Compensation Fund. The second round of applications is now open, and the application deadline is May 17, 2021.
Through this program, landlords will be paid 80% of the tenants’ unpaid rent payments and will forgive the remaining 20%. Unpaid rent payments from April 1, 2020 to May 31, 2021 are eligible to be compensated in this round of funding.
Landlords must provide tenants with written notice about the application and obtain a signed Declaration of Hardship Form from all tenants to be included in the fund reimbursement. All applications must be submitted through the Landlord Compensation Fund Application Portal.
The program is not a "first come, first serve" basis, the two main criteria are number of units in the ownership portfolio and portfolios with the highest percentage of unpaid rent since April 2020.
- Landlord Compensation Fund Overview and Resources Page
- Landlord Compensation Fund Application Portal
- Questions about the program? Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org