Financial Compensation

Financial Compensation to Victims

The Juvenile Department sends information by mail to the victim listed in the police report shortly after the case arrives. This correspondence will do the following:

  • Inform you about your rights as a crime victim under Oregon law
  • Ask you about your costs related to property damage or physical injury or if you would like restitution to be part of the sentencing in your case
  • Ask you to comment on your experience as a crime victim so offenders can be made aware of the pain and inconvenience they cause to their victims
  • Give you general information about the restitution process and alternatives when restitution is not possible