Plans and Studies
Policies and planning to support biking, walking and accessibility
- Arterial Pedestrian Crossing Project (design only): Project studied and designed pedestrian crossings on 170th and 185th avenues and Baseline Road.
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Improvement Prioritization Project: An important step in bicycle and pedestrian planning is to identify and prioritize locations needing improvement. This inventory of bike lanes and sidewalks was completed in 2011 and a list of high priority collector are arterial roadways was developed.
- Bicycle Facilities for County-Funded Capital Road Improvement Projects Policy (RO 17-02 Jan 10, 2017): This policy establishes a preference for separated or protected bikeways on major roads and establishes a process to review design options with the Washington County Board of County Commissioners.
- Neighborhood Bikeway Plan: This plan identifies potential neighborhood streets that bicyclists of all abilities can use when traveling.
- School Access Improvement Study (PDF): This collaborative study identifies priority needs.
- Safe Routes to Schools: The program brings transportation and education leaders together to encourage children to walk and bicycle safely to school as part of a healthy daily routine.
- Transportation Safety Action Plan: The TSAP reviews transportation-related serious injury and fatality crash data on County roads to determine crash trends to develop strategies to reduce crashes.
- Washington County's Transportation System Plan: The transportation system plan includes policies, strategies and maps to support the development of bicycle and pedestrian facilities in Washington County.