Plans, Policies and Studies
The following plans, policies and programs support biking, walking, rolling and accessibility.
- Arterial Pedestrian Crossing Project (design only): This project identified eight pedestrian crossing sites to be advance to survey and preliminary design. Currently there is no funding for the construction of the crossing improvements but the analyses and design work with this project will help in the securing of grant or other funds in the future.
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Improvement Prioritization Project: A 2011 inventory of bike lanes and sidewalks, including a list of high-priority roads.
- Neighborhood Bikeway Plan: Identifies potential neighborhood streets that bicyclists of all abilities can use.
- School Access Improvement Study: A study of 53 schools identifying priority needs.
- Safe Routes to Schools: A collaborative program that brings education and transportation leaders together to encourage children to walk and bicycle safely to school as part of a healthy daily routine.
- Transportation Safety Action Plan (TSAP): A review of transportation-related, serious injury and fatality crash data to determine crash trends to develop strategies to reduce crashes.