Plans and Studies
The following plans, policies and programs support biking, walking, rolling and accessibility.
- Arterial Pedestrian Crossing Project (design only): Designs for pedestrian crossings on 170th and 185th avenues and Baseline Road.
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Improvement Prioritization Project: A 2011 inventory of bike lanes and sidewalks, including a list of high-priority roads.
- Bicycle Facilities for County-Funded Capital Road Improvement Projects Policy (RO 17-02 Jan 10, 2017): A policy establisheing preference for separated or protected bikeways and a process for design review options with the Washington County Board of County Commissioners.
- Neighborhood Bikeway Plan: Identifies potential neighborhood streets that bicyclists of all abilities can use.
- School Access Improvement Study (PDF): A study of 53 schools identifying priority needs.
- Safe Routes to Schools: A collaborative program that brings education and transportation leaders together to encourage children to walk and bicycle safely to school as part of a healthy daily routine.
- Transportation Safety Action Plan (TSAP): A review of transportation-related, serious injury and fatality crash data to determine crash trends to develop strategies to reduce crashes.
- Transportation System Plan: Includes policies, strategies and maps to support development of bicycle and pedestrian facilities.