Payments & Fees

PPSPFees associated with Washington County Building Services can be paid online using the Public Permitting and Services Portal.

Payments can be made with VISA, MasterCard or Discover  or electronic check. FY 2019-20 Fee Schedule

First-time users will need to first complete the one-time account registration process. Watch the How-to Register video  

Once an account is created, users can:

Fee changes effective Jan. 1

In June 2020, the Washington County Board of Commissioners opted to  increase Building and Current Planning fees. To help mitigate the financial impact on our customers, half of the increase was effective July 1, 2020; the second half is effective Jan. 1, 2021.

Unlike many area jurisdictions, both LUT Building Services and Current Planning operate on a cost-recovery basis – meaning that these work groups’ activities are supported entirely by fees for service. These increases are cost-recovery measures necessary to maintain operations. For a complete list of LUT fee increases, visit the Washington County Fiscal Year 2020-21 Fee Schedule (pages 13-31). 

  • Building Services fees: Most fees will increase 2.5% 
  • Current Planning fees: While most fees are increasing a minimum of 2.5%, other targeted increases are also being implemented to achieve cost recovery. 

TDT & SDC Fees

The Transportation Development Tax (TDT) is imposed on new development and redevelopment within Washington County. The tax is charged to developers to help pay for the impact new development has on the transportation system. 

The TDT is collected before building permits are issued. In cases where building permits are not required, it is collected before final approval of a development application. However, there are options for payment including:

  • Payment over time
  • Deferral of payment until occupancy, in certain cases

Additionally, credit toward TDT may be approved for construction of eligible road or sidewalk improvements. 


If you are interested in requesting a refund please fill out the refund request form.