Building Services operates completely on the fees collected from issuing building permits. Fees are charged for permits, engineering and plan review, as well as inspection service.
Permits are based on the type of work being done, the materials used and/or the total cost of the project. To determine the price of the permit Building Services uses the Building Valuation Sheet for structural permits, or values listed on permit application for plumbing, electrical and mechanical permits.
Building Services accepts the following forms of payment for fees:
- Master Card, Visa or Discover cards
Questions? Please contact us by phone: 503-846-3470
MAKING YOUR PAYMENT ONLINE
The County will accept Credit Card/Debit Card, or e-Check online payments. You can pay for your permits and electronic plan submissions with your VISA, MasterCard or Discover card or e-Check from your computer. American Express is not accepted at this time.
NOTE: Each individual permit or electronic plan (e-plan) submitted will require a separate payment transaction.
Electronic plan review will require two payments; the first to begin the plan review process and the second for the 'Balance Due' at the time of permit issuance.
The online system is set up to accept the following:
- Full payment on the Balance Due only.
- You can pay fees for one Permit per transaction.
The following items are required to pay for a permit or e-plan submission online:
- A valid e-mail address.
- The permit number or e-plan project number.
- A valid VISA, MasterCard or Discover card if paying by Credit Card. As a function of this system, the credit card number will need to be entered twice.
- Checking Account and Routing numbers if paying by e-Check. As a function of this system, routing numbers will need to be entered twice.
- Once payment is accepted, a receipt will be emailed to the email address entered with the Billing information.
Washington County is using a third party to process online payments. For more information or if you are experiencing problems, please contact Washington County Building Services, 503-846-3470 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday. If you are experiencing problems outside our normal business hours please call 877-513-5465.
MAKING YOUR PAYMENT WITH A TRUST ACCOUNT
Washington County also offers Trust Accounts that a company can deposit funds for payment of fees when applying for a permit. To start a Trust Account, please fill out the Trust Account Application and mail it to the address below with a check for the initial deposit into the account.
Address for mailing Trust Account applications:
Washington County Building Services
155 N. First Ave., Suite 350, MS12
Hillsboro, OR 97124
Payment questions by phone: 503-846-3470
If you are interested in requesting a refund please fill out the refund request form.