All customers are strongly encouraged to conduct business remotely whenever possible. Most services are available remotely - by phone, via U.S. Mail or online - 24 hours/day, seven days a week.
Appointments are recommended for in-person services at the Public Services Building.
See LUT Office Locations and Business Hours for more information.
Remote services (24 hours/day, seven days a week):
- Public Permitting and Services Portal
- Electronic Plan Review/ProjectDox
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR) systems
- SelecTXT Inspection Scheduling System
- 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Thursday
- Closed Friday to walk-in traffic; staff responds to phone messages and emails.
Permits, inspections, reports, applications and other services
Your patience is appreciated.
Washington County (as per ORS Chapter 455 and 478 and the Home Rule Charter) regulates nuisances, construction, abatement of nuisances and administration of standards, including enforcing the State of Oregon Building Code.
The Washington County Code applies to construction, alteration, moving, demolition, repair, maintenance and work related to buildings/structures, except those located in a street, alley or parcel open to the outside air leading to a street or open to public use (public way).
State of Oregon Building Codes Division: