Codes regulate development and some uses of private property, including home businesses, vehicle storage, recreational vehicle storage and more including:
Services, including returning phone calls and emails,
Division Manager: Andy Back | Principal Planner: Stephen Shane
Property owners who violate codes may face hearings before a hearings officer, monetary penalties and/or property liens. We respond to potential code violations based on priorities:
- Priority 1 violations - Impact environmental/natural resources, pose significant health and/or safety issues or involve structures under construction that don’t meet code standards.
- Priority 2 violations - Disturb community livability or pose a lower health/safety risk.
- Priority 3 violations - Do not involve safety issues.
- Priority 4 violations - Do not pose harm; no life/safety issues.
See List of violations and priorities
Submit complaints through the Public Permitting and Services Portal or via the Code violation form. Pictures are helpful.
To submit complaints anonymously, complete the Code violation form but DO NOT include your name and address. We do not investigate complaints unless a form is submitted.
- Email the completed form
- Fax the completed form to 503-846-2908
- Mail/in person:
Washington County Land Use & Transportation
Planning and Development Services - Code Compliance
155 N. First Ave., Ste. 350, MS 13
Hillsboro, OR 97124