Public hearings and schedules
Monthly hearings are scheduled for:
- Type III land use applications. The Hearings Officer hears testimony from staff, applicants and any interested parties. The Hearings Officer takes all testimony into consideration before issuing decisions on applications.
- Public notice is required for all Type III applications. Application packets are sent to Community Participation Organizations (CPOs). Notices are sent to neighbors within the notification area (500 feet urban/1,000 feet rural) of the proposed development. Comments can be submitted until the hearing date or can be provided through participation at the Public Hearing.
- Appeals on Type I, Type II or Director’s decision.
- Apply for an appeal during the Governor's COVID-19 Stay Home Executive Order.
- Code compliance/Notices of Civil Violation (NCVs) are issued for building and development code violations. Hearings are similar to court proceedings. Public testimony is generally not allowed.
Hearings are scheduled for the third Thursday of most months.
Note: Hearing dates are subject to change. Agendas may be modified, based on workload. Additional hearings may be added on an as-needed basis.