Public hearings and schedules
Monthly hearings are held on the following:
- Type III land use applications. The Hearings Officer hears testimony from staff, applicants and any interested parties. The Hearings Officer takes all testimony into consideration before issuing decisions on applications.
- Public notice is required for all Type III applications. A copy of the application packet is sent to Community Participation Organizations (CPOs). The notices are sent to neighbors within the notification area (500 feet urban/1,000 feet rural) of the proposed development. People have until the public hearing to submit a letter of comment or can participate at the Public Hearing.
- Appeals on Type I, Type II or Director’s decision.
- Apply for an appeal during the Governor's COVID-19 Stay Home Executive Order.
- Code compliance/Notices of Civil Violation (NCVs). NCVs are issued for building and development code violations. The hearings are similar to court proceedings. Public testimony is generally not allowed.
Note: Hearing dates are subject to change. The final agenda may be modified, based on current workload. Additional hearing may be added on an as-needed basis.